Changing iFrame Scrollbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing iFrame Scrollbar

So... I'm kind of cheating, dynamicdrive didn't have precisely what I wanted and so I've been looking at this.

Basically I have a simple page that uses a single iframe and I just think that IE and FireFox etc all have ugly default scrollbars and so I want to replace them with a simple image such as just << >> pointing up and down at the ends of the frame for people to roll over or click to scroll the iframe's contents. There will be no horizontal scrolling.

The script I downloaded from dyn-web looks like it can do what I want but it also looks like it can do a whole bunch more than I want and it is confusing me. I just want to know what I need to put where in my html to get nicer looking scrollbars, I would prefer to be able to create the graphics for them myself. So if this script I linked to is the best, please help me out with it, if you have a better suggestion... thank the Lord!

Thanks fellas.
    Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

ugly default scrollbars
    This is the last thing you should care about. People is used to have scrollbars in a certain way, so that why change it by all means?.

For IE there is a simple CSS solution, if u want to do that:
    http://www.websitetips.com/info/css/scrollbars.shtml
    KOR
    Offshore programming

Comment

I know that you can change them in IE but then firefox still looks like ***. And yes it is the last thing I should worry about, and more or less is. I just would greatly prefer some significantly simplified scrollbars to the huge blue monsters that default.

Comment

ok... The example you have seen is an element created/opened using javascript methods. A new fresh opened window is not a javascript opened page, so that you can not do that upon it (at least not AFAIK)
        KOR
        Offshore programming

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get that script to focus on the iframe name if I name the iframe.

Unless you are saying that the iframe needs to be opened by a javascript function in order to render it with the new scrollbar. In which case I could make my menu simply load new pages into the iframe using javascript.

Comment

a DIV element is not the same as an iframe... But if you want that so much, just adopt the code for an iframe, if possible... There is a much too intricate (or at least it will take too long) code, for most of us, to do that job for you... On the other hand it will be a good starting point for you to learn javascript, I reckon
            KOR
            Offshore programming

Comment

Alright, well I appreciate it. I know Java but not javascript very well and it has been years since I did any real programming. But I will wory about everything else first and then see what I can do.

Comment

if you succede, please let me know, at least only if it is possible....
                KOR
                Offshore programming

Comment

Alright, I may not get around to it though as my deadline is closing in pretty quick. We shall see. It is not on the top of my list of priorities. heh.

Comment

Working...
                  X