Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Navigation III - mouse over

Hello all!
    I'm new to this forum, and I seek some help.

I'm trying to use Top Navigational Bar 3 v3.4.1.1b with mouse over images.

I've read the tutorials on www.brothercake.com about "Image rollovers", but I just get it to work!!!

Downloaded the script from dynamicdrive.com, and have all the .js files. I think what I'm missing is something in the js files that wasn't explained in the tutorial.

I have the page set up where links work with my rollover swapimage commands. Can I add anything to the onmouserover and onmouseout events to make the script appear and close?

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Dr. DK; Feb 17, 2004, 07:12 PM.

Have you got a page that shows us what you've got so far?
    "Why bother with accessibility? ... Because deep down you know that the web is attractive to people who aren't exactly like you." - Joe Clark

Comment

Thanks in advance!
      Last edited by Dr. DK; Feb 17, 2004, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Interesting ... you're using Top Nav III which is build 3.4.1, yet you've customised it by referring to documentation written for 3.6 - 3.8 builds.

I mention that because that must be where you got "activateMenu" from - that functionality doesn't exist in the version you have .. except it does, because I was half-way through implementing it when I suddenly had to do a maintenance release, and that release ended up being 3.4.1

The long and short of it is that the companion method "deactivateMenus" is not yet implemented in your script, and "activateMenus" is only part implemented - I'm surprised to got it to work as far as that.

Basically you need to get the latest version, then you'll have the full set of popup menu functions to work with.
        Last edited by brothercake; Feb 17, 2004, 07:10 PM.
        "Why bother with accessibility? ... Because deep down you know that the web is attractive to people who aren't exactly like you." - Joe Clark

Comment

Thanks on the fast reply bro.

Well I got it to work on another demo I tryed, but it was messing me up on the MAC.

So I'll just go and hit up the http://www.udm4.com/ and get that version.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. DK
            So I'll just go and hit up the http://www.udm4.com/ and get that version.
            Yeah I would

Comment

How different is version 3.8.4?

Thanks!

Comment

Completely different - about the only similarity is that they both generate menus. I'd go for v4.

Comment

Working...
                X