Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Using Javascript to Disable the remember username and password window - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Javascript to Disable the remember username and password window

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Javascript to Disable the remember username and password window

Most of the browsers has a feature that prompts the user to save the username or password when filling a form.

I just want to disable this feature.
    Can i disable this feature using Javascript?

Because there are some users that will not read on the message or information on the pop window that prompts them to save the username and password.
    I know it can be disabled manually through the browser's preferences.

Is it possible to disable it using javascript?

Why would you want to do this? Just think about it. Its not very nice to do something like this. Besides I'm pretty sure this isn't possible as you have no control on browser behavior which is where this save password thing is at. Just move on with your project and forget about this feature.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

You can only use Javascript to disable that functionality if it is embedded into the web page (eg. if you have a checkbox in your form that copies the entered info to a cookie then you can use Javascript to disable the checkbox). You can't use Javascript to disable the version offered by the browser itself as Javascript has almost no access to the browser itself and any update access that browsers do allow also have a configuration option that allows it to be disabled. If a browser did allow you to disable saving form field values (and I don't know of any that do) then that browser would also have a configuration option that would allow the browser owner to disable your javascript's ability to disable their browser functionality.

Your visitors have the final say on everything except the content of your site. They can configure their browser to work the way they want and set up their own stylesheets and Javascripts to override yours so that your page looks and functions the way they want it to.
      Stephen
      Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
      Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

Comment

Please do not cross post. Read CF's posting rules and guidelines.
        - George
        - JavaScript Kit- JavaScript tutorials and 400+ scripts!
        - JavaScript Reference- JavaScript reference you can relate to.

Comment

Working...
        X