Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Click Event Help

Hello all,

I have a flash object which requires that it be clicked on before the user can do anything with it. This is an Internet Explorer thing. I was hoping to do something with JS where i could make an onLoad function that would send a click event to the flash object, but I do not know if this is possible, or how to do it. Is it possible to send an event, and in basicly fake a user action with JS?

If so, please let me know. Thank you.
    If I'm postin here, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

That depends. If the flash is just a .swf file, and the swf itself needs to be clicked on, then I do not know how, if it is possible. If it is activated with javascript, and you know what the function is for the flash, then all you have to do is:
    <body onload="function()">

However, I'm assuming that the click is required within the swf. Although I have no idea if this can be done with javascript, or any other type of coding, it may be possible to make the mouse click on a certain part of the page. I know this can be done, because that is a hacking method for computer games (I don't hack; I just know about it). So, therefore, It may only be possible with very complicated coding, or simple, but it's probably something nobody on this forum knows off-hand.

I hope that helps. =)
    var currentTime = new Date()
    var chance = currentTime.getTime()
    var chance2 = chance % 3
    alert(chance2)

Comment

I'm not talking about clicking any certain part of the object. It just needs to be clicked. in Internet Explorer, it will tell you "Click to activate and use this control," I just need to get past that. Code to send a click event to AnY type of object on the page should do it. So if you have code that will send a click event to a button, or a div, or a link, then that will work.

Understand?
      If I'm postin here, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Comment

Working...
      X