JavaScript Libraries??? Free??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JavaScript Libraries??? Free??

Looking for a "Call" JavaScript action which will allow my clients to submit completed Form details to me directly (to my email address); Form is set-up in Dreamweaver and we use IE Browsers.

Please HELP!
    Thx!!

Hi:
    As JavaScript is a client side language, it cannot process and submit form info (at least not reliably). What you need is a CGI form script, such as these listed here: http://cgi-resources.com/Programs_an...rm_Processing/
    - George
    - JavaScript Kit- JavaScript tutorials and 400+ scripts!
    - JavaScript Reference- JavaScript reference you can relate to.

Comment

CGI and/or Java Call...

Thanks much for providing this information; I realize that CGI is perhaps preferable but was instructed to use Java instead. I'll give this a shot--again, appreciate your feedback!

Comment

do you want Java, or JavaScript? they're not the same thing. Java might be able to send mail. JavaScript definitely can't.

personally, i suggest Matt Wright's Perl Script, at www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/ . It's the ur-mailer, and very well documented.
        bluemood | devedge | devmo | MS Dev Library | WebMonkey | the Guide

i am a loser geek, crazy with an evil streak,
        yes i do believe there is a violent thing inside of me.

Comment

JavaScript

Thanks much for the response...I'm looking for a JavaScript
          (Call) action. The code should take the content from the dynamic Form I've created in Dreamweaver and allow the client (user) to forward the completed Form to my personal Email address. Or if it's easier, I can have the individual simply save the content to the Web Server wherein I can then retrieve the data. Since this is the first time I've created an interactive Form, the code is new to me.

Again, I've created the new Form locally and will synchronize it to the Web Server as soon as it's complete. Thereafter, I'd like my clients (using our LAN) to be able to populate the Form and somehow electonically forward the detail either to my email address or back to the remote server.

Again, appreciate your kind assistance!

Comment

see, you're missing it:

javascript can neither send email, nor save files to the server. you need a server side language.

again, i suggest the link i gave you in the last post. it's very easy to use.
            bluemood | devedge | devmo | MS Dev Library | WebMonkey | the Guide

i am a loser geek, crazy with an evil streak,
            yes i do believe there is a violent thing inside of me.

Comment

Working...
            X