Passing Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Values

Does anyone know how to pass data from one page to the other??? Like for example, a form page allow users to enter their particulars, once they press button "confrim", another page displays all the data they have entered on another page. Like a summary page of the entered details before submitting.
    Last edited by AlphonseElric; Aug 4, 2005, 03:39 AM.

It's easier to do it if you have access to a server-side language.
    Glenn
    vBulletin Mods That Rock!

Comment

So is it impossible to do it in javascript???

Comment

no, not impossible, you can use method="get" in your formtag, then all values will be send as url-parameters, like:
        actionpage.html?fieldname=fieldvalue&fieldname2=fieldvalue2

You can use javascript to extract these values. Plenty information on extracting these values in the "post a javascript" section of this forum
        I am the luckiest man in the world

Comment

Originally posted by AlphonseElric
          So is it impossible to do it in javascript???
          I only said easier to do in server-side than in client-side.
          Glenn
          vBulletin Mods That Rock!

Comment

no, not impossible, you can use method="get" in your formtag, then all values will be send as url-parameters, like:
            actionpage.html?fieldname=fieldvalue&fieldname2=fieldvalue2
            Hi i am trying to use this coding
            so lemme just get this right correct me if i am wrong This form is in ticketshtml and i need to use form details from purchasetickets.html

<form id="form2" name="form2" method="get" action="purchasetickets.html?name=name1&ShowTime=showtime1&movies=movie1&adult=adult1&child=child1&t otal=total1">
            and name is a text field in the purchasetickets.html form and name1 is a textfield in ticket.html

and ShowTime is a menu field in the purchasetickets.html form and showtime1 is a textfield in ticket.html

and movies is a menu in the purchasetickets.html form and movies1 is a textfield in ticket.html

and adult is a menu in the purchasetickets.html form and adult1 is a textfield in ticket.html

and child is a menu field in the purchasetickets.html form and child1 is a textfield in ticket.html

and total is a text field in the purchasetickets.html form and total1 is a textfield in ticket.html

am i doing this right correct me please thank you
            Last edited by Rudurk; Jul 26, 2006, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X