Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Printing and Saving

Hey Everyone. I've got a couple questions again:

1. How can I get a Frame in a window to print. Basically I have two frames in a window. One with a print button (ooh ahhhh) and another with the information I want to print. I know that this prints the entire window:
    Code:
    function TheFunctionOfTheDay()
    {
    window.print()
    }
    But how do I get just the one frame to print?

2. From my very basic understanding there is noway to save any information to a text file other than a cookie. Is this true when the web-page (program) is actually on the "C:/" drive itself or are there still restriction to that? If there are still restrictions does anyone know how I can send information to a c++ program so that it can create and save a text file. <-- this is my last resort.

can't u simply put the content of the frame to be printed in a popup window and call the window.print() ?
    You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write. -- Saul Bellow

Comment

Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

Perhapes... Does anyone know how to make the computer do the "Save as" command.
        Code:
        <script>
        function actualOpen(urlToOpen)
        {
        window.parent.focus();document.execCommand('SaveAs')
        }
        </script>
        I found this script. Personally I don't think it works. Does anyone know one that does?

Comment

Working...
        X