Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website background same as window desktop background

hello
    i need a script that will set my website background same as the suers background
    please can you give me such code or tell me where can i find it or request it ??

thx 4 coorperrations

I am affraid that is not to be done, at least not with javascript. Usually one can not enter the user's computer to see which kinda background he has on it's desktop (if this is all about)
    KOR
    Offshore programming

Comment

As Windows is filling its security, there are lots of hijacking threats disappeared.

In Windows XP SP1, the user's home page can be changed without having his/her consent. Also some JS view source funtions can be done on SP1.

But you can't do these actions any more on SP2. The IE browser gives you an error "Access is denied".

What's more, the JavaScript itself is only a scripting language with limited capablities.

Comment

y not look
        in js you can use stuff like onclick="location='&#92WINDOWS&#92system32&#92mspaint.exe'"
        this will open the ms paint in the users pc
        what way to do it for background picture

Comment

That does not even work in IE 6.0 with SP2.

There just is no way to get the desktop background picture.

dumpfi
          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software."
          ....../)/)..(\__/).(\(\................../)_/)......
          .....(-.-).(='.'=).(-.-)................(o.O)...../<)
          ....(.).(.)("}_("}(.)(.)...............(.)_(.))¯/.
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
          Little did the bunnies suspect that one of them was a psychotic mass murderer with a 6 ft. axe.

Comment

Have a place to store custom stuff.
            Have user setting, with login and password.
            Have user upload desired photo, then use that as the background.

Other than that, stay out of people's PCs whether you can hack it or not.

If this post contains any code, I may or may not have tested it. It's probably just example code, so no getting knickers in a bunch over a typo, OK? If it doesn't have basic error checking in it, such as object detection or checking if objects are null before using them, put that in there. I'm giving examples, not typing up your whole app for you. You run code at your own risk.
            Bored? Visit
            http://www.kaelisspace.com/

Comment

Working...
            X