Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter My version of a resizable window (IE only). - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My version of a resizable window (IE only).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My version of a resizable window (IE only).

I have been working on a semi long script for the past couple of days and I am almost done, I need to see some peoples' opinions before I finish though, because when I finish I will put it in my site somewhere (and make it FF compatable). Here is the link:

http://singleparadox.com/Window/resize2.htm

It is a fully loaded browser window: minimize, maximize, close, title bar, and status bar. I was going to have a forward and back button but for some reason when I tried window.frames.browser.history.go(-1) I got an error that said "Access denied".

Anyway, my script can do almost everything a real window can, but I have a few questions. Why is it that even when I preload my images, they flicker and when I drag the window or resize it, they have to reload? I don't know if it is just me, but the images still have to keep reloading and reloading every time I move the window or resize it... Or click anywhere for that matter.

Again, I am not fully done with the script, I still have to make it FF compatable, make the images load better, and I still need to put the restore window button when the window is maximized or minimized. Please do not hesistate to state your thoughts of my script. Sorry if I confused anyone on the way.
    Single Paradox
    My Site (Under construction)

Not too bad for a 15 year old

I would also like to point out how the input fields disable themselves after you click the minimize button and that when the address typed in the address bar is too long, a script shortens it and adds "..." to it.
    Single Paradox

Comment

Does anyone like my script? Dislike it?

Come on I need your feedback.
      Single Paradox

Comment

I am adding a find in page function. And can someone tell me how event.clientX and event.clientY can work in Mozilla?
        Single Paradox

Comment

i'm really interested in your script but i couldn't see the live demo. i'm actually looking at having a window autoresize and have no toolbar, address bar showing. it's not on the whole site so your browswer size would not change unless you were to exit out of the other pages

Comment

Working...
          X