Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• close window, add to tab

Hi all,
    I am currently working on an internet browser. It's tabbed but can also open in new windows. I want to know how i can make it so that instead of opening in a window, it opens in a new tab. The script i am currently using is:

Code:
    body onload();
    {
    "./Tabs.html",AddTab('Addressbar.Text');
    window.close
    }
    The tabs 'mechanism' is called Tabs.html (yes, html used within the browser), the address bar is called Addressbar and to add a tab to Tabs.html, i use 'AddTab' command (cannot be changed). I want it so that when a browser window opens, it will retrieve the address from the new window, close the new window, add a tab to the original window and overwrite the new tab address and then navigate to it. All this has to be done client side though but can be done in any client side language (vbscript, jscript, javascript, etc) not just javascript. I know it's quite complicated but it would really improve the next version of the browser. Anyone who solves this 'problem' gets their name in the credits, the readme and the about dialog.

Thanks,
    Scott Pritchard.
    Last edited by skool h8r; Jul 29, 2005, 11:54 AM.

Can you post up more code please - what you have already written, etc - it sounds a bit like an assignment too...

m_n
    "Cos it's strange isn't it. You stand in the middle of a library and go 'Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh!'
    and everybody just stares at you. But you do the same in an aeroplane, and everybody joins in."
    -Tommy Cooper

Comment

Code from where? Tabs.html? It's not an assignment either.

Comment

Working...
      X