Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popup : no close button

Good day!
    1) I need to open a link in a brand new window, and it mustn't have ANYTHING around it, especially not the minimize/maximize/close buttons. Any suggestion? Even chromeless windows code I have encountered have the close button.

and for curious people, no it's not for ads, it's for launching a course with it's own navigation in flash, so I don't want people to close the course with the usual "X" on the right handside corner of the window.

thanks for your help!

Have you tried
    Code:
    window.open('URL','_new','[B]title=0[/B] status=0 etc....')
    If the title bar is gone, the close button should go with it.
    Oh, was I supposed to put something here? ........

Comment

How are you going to get around ALT+F4 or CTRL+W, then, to prevent the closing of a window.

All I can tell you to do is look at kiosk-mode (fullscreen) browsing, or supply an executable for download.

Comment

tried the title=0 thing, doesn't work..

as far as the shortcuts, I wouldn't worry about it, people using the program aren't really used to computers so they won't think of it.

Comment

ONLY way to do this would be having fun with layers and an iframe
          You can not remove the buttons unless you do the fullscreen as mentioned before.
          Tech Author [Ajax In Action, JavaScript: Visual Blueprint]

Comment

hmm that's not useful for me because in full screen it streches the flash file and with bitmaps embedded in them ...hmmm it's makes them blurry.

is there a way to just DISABLE the close button then? just as you would disable the back button in the regular icons?

Comment

I don't think you can remove the caption bar of the browser without using IE's fullscreen function which as the name implies is IE only. so you will need a chromeless script such as the one you mentioned your using, and if you can't find your self how to get it to not make a caption bar then perhaps post a link to where you got the script from.

Comment

you can remove it, but you have to build your HTML file as an HTA, which must be signed - so they're not an option for the web - but they work great for intranets or kiosk-type setups.
                My Site | fValidate | My Brainbench | MSDN | Gecko | xBrowser DOM | PHP | Ars | PVP
                “Minds are like parachutes. They don't work unless they are open”
                “Maturity is simply knowing when to not be immature”

Comment

I think you could also place an Iframe inside of the full screen window that has no buttons and disable the alt \ control buttons assuming they arn't needed for the test?

Basscyst
                  Helping to build a bigger box. - Adam Matthews

Comment

Indeed, an IFRAME would be the most web-friendly, non-intrusive solution, given the requirements you supplied.
                    My Site | fValidate | My Brainbench | MSDN | Gecko | xBrowser DOM | PHP | Ars | PVP
                    “Minds are like parachutes. They don't work unless they are open”
                    “Maturity is simply knowing when to not be immature”

Comment

Working...
                    X