Javascript: links dont work for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javascript: links dont work for me

When I hold the mouse arrow over a link I can see on status bar where the link will bring me. But some links show "Javascript: <something>" when I hold the mouse arrow over it.

Those links dont work for me. When I left click on them, nothing happens. Like when Im going to purchase something over the internett the buy button often has this "Javascript" thing.

I think it doesn't work because my sister deleted some Javascript file. And so youl know, I allready have Java Plug-In.

Hello -

Make sure javascript is enabled on your browser.

If you have a pop-up blocker installed try disabling it and see if you get better results.

Basscyst
    Helping to build a bigger box. - Adam Matthews

Comment

I tried to disable the pop up blocker and javascript is allready enabled. But it still doesn't work

Comment

How curious ..

The real answer to your question is that those sites are badly designed - any site which relies on javascript: URLs to do anything essential is broken. Because 10% of internet users do not have javascript.

But that doesn't really help you .. if javascript is enabled then those links should work. So my next guess would be maybe the scripts themselves are failing to work as they should - perhaps they mis-identify your browser or something.

What browser do you use - is it something the site owner might not have allowed for, like Opera?

And do you know what files your sister deleted, that might be relevant?

And can you give use an example URL where you're having this issue.
        "Why bother with accessibility? ... Because deep down you know that the web is attractive to people who aren't exactly like you." - Joe Clark

Comment

What browser do you use - is it something the site owner might not have allowed for, like Opera?

Regular Microsoft Internett Explorer. But I have this Yahoo Companion added to it, because of its great pop up blocker. If this is what your asking.

And do you know what files your sister deleted, that might be relevant?

Well, I think she deleted some HTML Document. Named Javascript or something.

And can you give use an example URL where you're having this issue.

http://my.qxl.co.uk/accdb/viewItem.a...um=1&Catg=8872

Here, when I try pressing: "Click here to enlarge the size of the image." Nothing happens. Its like pressing on the background.

Heres one more example:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.co...uk/default.asp

The "Refresh" button doesn't work for me.
          Last edited by Odyssevs; Feb 22, 2004, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Hmm..I think its weird that this works:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...n&categoryid=3

The "Next 45" Button on this page works, and its also one of those "javascript" buttons that dont usally work for me.

Comment

So, you don't know whats wrong`?

Comment

I think its the popup blocker. Since Next 45 button is working, its safe to assume that javascript is enabled. The link to enlarge the image opens a new pop up window.
                Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody.

Comment

Il try to reinstall it and see if it works.

Comment

Nope, It still doesn't work.

Comment

I installed Opera, so it works now.

Comment

Working...
                      X