Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter how to display filedownload dialog using javascript. - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to display filedownload dialog using javascript.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to display filedownload dialog using javascript.

how to display filedownload dialog using javascript.
    Attached Files

AFAIK, just create a link to it. If the file is of a certain type (ie: files that the browser can't display, or parse, or whatever; ie: ZIP files, EXE files), then the browser will display a download dialog. There's no way I know of to force this dialog using script.

Comment

If you want to display the download dialog even if the extension is txt, html, gif or any other extension that browser can display, then you need a server-side language (ASP, PHP, JSP, etc) to do it.
      Glenn
      vBulletin Mods That Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Spudhead
        AFAIK, just create a link to it. If the file is of a certain type (ie: files that the browser can't display, or parse, or whatever; ie: ZIP files, EXE files), then the browser will display a download dialog. There's no way I know of to force this dialog using script.
        Thanks a lot for yuor response.Any sample code please.

Comment

Originally posted by glenngv
          If you want to display the download dialog even if the extension is txt, html, gif or any other extension that browser can display, then you need a server-side language (ASP, PHP, JSP, etc) to do it.
          Thanks a lot for yuor response.Any sample code please.

Comment

You must tell first what server-side language you use. I have an ASP script that I think came from [email protected]
            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by glenngv
              You must tell first what server-side language you use. I have an ASP script that I think came from [email protected]
              I am using java.Please lat me any script available.Thanks for your help.

Comment

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/s...=2183&lngWId=2
                Glenn

Comment

Working...
                X