Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onfocus not working

Oh so many questions....

I have a text box, which is validated through a function. Once the function is finished, I want to return the focus to the field, but it doesn't seem to be working. Below is a snippet of the code:

onkeyup="if (!(validatevalue({$question_code}, '{@ty}', '{$current_status}', this.value)))this.value='{$current_status}; this.onfocus()'"

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

oops, apologies, it should say:

onkeyup="if (!(validatevalue({$question_code}, '{@ty}', '{$current_status}', this.value)))this.value='{$current_status}; this.focus()'"

there's no event such as "this.onfocus()"

Comment

The single quote should come after {current status}

onkeyup="if (!(validatevalue({$question_code}, '{@ty}', '{$current_status}', this.value)))this.value='{$current_status}'; this.focus()"

All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
      Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

Comment

Sorry Phillip,

I've worded the question wrongly!

What I meant to say is that the field has focus, but the text is not highlighted again. Doesn't the focus() method do this, or is there another means to re-highlighting the text?

Comment

Try: this.select()

.....Willy

Comment

aha!

I knew there would be a way, thanks Willie

Comment

sorry to be a pain, but I have another question.

My problem is that the focus is continually highlighting the text each time.

If I enter a single value, this is fine, but if I'm entering a value of 20, I enter the 2, then the 0 overwrites it! I need to execute both statements in the if condition, but the curly braces won't work for me, since it tries to interpret the value as an XML value.

ie
              onkeyup="if (true) this.value='{$current_status}; this.select()'"

therefore if true, then value= current status and highlight text.

Comment

Working...
              X