Genius Outsourcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genius Outsourcing

Okay, are there any good books or web tutorials or experts who will come live with me until I figure out JavaScript?

It seems to me that anyone who knows what they're doing with JS can achieve plenty of interactivity without ever resorting to Flash. I, however, don't even know what kind of tutorials I should be looking at to achieve the kind of effects I want.

In my latest venture, I'm trying to create a rotating-disc slideshow that accepts both images and entire HTML files. I tried to pick apart an existing slideshow that behaves like a Carousel, but that was short-lived and frustrating.

Does anyone here believe this feat can be accomplished with JavaScript alone? If so, what do I need to know, and where can I find it?

Thanks ever so,

Assenheimer
    Hey, look at my signature. It's how I'd like to be remembered if I die, and those odds are good.

Easy...
    ... I'm working on one (alpha ETA 2 - 3 weeks) ...
    Vladdy | KL
    "Working web site is not the one that looks the same on common graphical browsers running on desktop computers, but the one that adequately delivers information regardless of device accessing it"

Comment

Great, so I can just cut and paste yours then.
      Hey, look at my signature. It's how I'd like to be remembered if I die, and those odds are good.

Comment

... for a fee
        Vladdy | KL
        "Working web site is not the one that looks the same on common graphical browsers running on desktop computers, but the one that adequately delivers information regardless of device accessing it"

Comment

Better idea:

Why don't you tell me where I might learn how to do this?

Comment

Ok, here is the approach:
            If you want to use more content than just images for slide show, do not rely on javascript to create it.
            As far as "sliding" part goes look at this: http://www.vladdy.net/Demos/ContentSlider.html
            Vladdy | KL

Comment

Okay, so far this is exactly what I'm talking about. You've got entire webpages sliding in random transition here, correct? So what else did you use to do this besides JavaScript?

Comment

CSS...
                It's all in the source...
                Vladdy | KL

Comment

Okay, sorry. I had to change user permissions to open the Source.

So the next question is, how to make it slide in 2-D disc-rotation (like a Viewfinder) rather than linear? You say it's easy, but shy of asking you to explain it, do you know of any examples I could pick apart?

Thanks for all your help so far, little buddy.

Comment

I suppose when a block slides in you adjust the position of top left corner using an arc trajectory rather than linear slide...
                    www.vladdy.net/Demos/ctm.html
                    Vladdy | KL

Comment

Working...
                    X