Need Image Banner Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Image Banner Script

I know this is probably an easy thing to do, so dont flame me, but I have no clue how. I want to have a main image on my page and have that image change from one visit to the next...in other words, you visit my site and see an image...you leave and come back in an hour and there is a different image there...you leave and come back and there is a different image still...ya know what Im talking about?

Anyone that can help me, I would sure be appreciative!

I think the best method for this is probably javascript.

You have also broken our posting rules! Please read the rules you agreed to obey when you signed up for an account!

Posting Rules & Guidelines

*moving thread*
    Omnis mico antequam dominus Spookster!

Comment

OOPS...sorry, moderator. I meant no disrespect. Wont happen again!

Comment

Do you want the banner shown to be dependant on the time or do you just want it to be random?
        AMD Athlon "Barton" XP 3200+ (11*200.5MHz = 2.2GHz)
        BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256Mb
        3 * Kingston 256Mb PC3200 DDR400
        Seagate Barracuda 120Gb Ultra ATA-100 and Seagate Barracuda 160Gb, SATA-150

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...+banner+script
          Glenn
          vBulletin Mods That Rock!

Comment

its not a banner per se...it is an image in the middle of the page that I want to change every time someonme comes back to my home page.

Comment

Yes, but the important thing is you know how you randomize. If you want to just display plain images instead of image links as most random banner scripts do, then you can modify the code to just display images.

Ok, I searched this forum and I found a random banner script that uses images only. Here it is.
              Glenn
              vBulletin Mods That Rock!

Comment

thank you!

Comment

OK, using a random banner script, is there any way for it to look in a specific dir and use any file from there (such as \images\) instead having to write EACH filename down?

Comment

that you would have to use a server side language since the dir resides on a server.

Comment

Working...
                    X