Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading href property

Hi everyone,

I am developing my own CMS. I replaced the standard hyperlink dialog with my own, so, now my program is responsible for reading the href property. I am using IFRAME tag as an editing area and switching it to design mode by designMode property to true. I was trying to write my own code read href:

PHP Code:
    function hyperlink()
    {

editor.focus();
      if (
    editor.document.queryCommandEnabled('createlink'))
      {
        var 
    ctrl editor.document.selection.createRange();
        while ((
    ctrl.tagName != 'BODY') && (ctrl.tagName != 'A'))
        {

ctrl ctrl.parentElement();
        }
        var 
    result showModalDialog("link.php"ctrl.href"resizable: no; help: no; status: no; scroll: no; dialogWidth: 328px; dialogHeight: 175px;");
        if (
    result)
        {

editor.document.execCommand ('createlink'falseresult['url']);
        }
      }

but it doesn't work. (the is written in JS of course)

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot!

If you just want to read the href property use [DOMelement].getAttribute(). I don't think this works in IE.
    David House - Perfect is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. (Antoine de St. Exupery).
    W3Schools | XHTML Validator | CSS Validator | Colours | Typography | HTML&CSS FAQ | Go get Mozilla Now | I blog!

Comment

Originally posted by me'
      If you just want to read the href property use [DOMelement].getAttribute(). I don't think this works in IE.
      getAttribute() does work in IE.

Comment

Guys, it doesn't work. ctrl.getAttribute('href'); gives an error!

Comment

well one fault is that as far as I can see u can end up with ctrl being a BODY element and then u try getting this elements href which to my knowledge don't exist.

Comment

How can I catch the first A tag?

Comment

Originally posted by rsp12uk
              How can I catch the first A tag?
              document.getElementsByTagName('a')[0]
              David House - Perfect is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. (Antoine de St. Exupery).
              W3Schools | XHTML Validator | CSS Validator | Colours | Typography | HTML&CSS FAQ | Go get Mozilla Now | I blog!

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

I meant the first one in the hierarchy going up from the selection.

Comment

It should stop at the 1st A tag it meets my point was that if no A tags was encountered in that loop which is very likely considering there are just so many tags that it makes sense to put in an A tag you would end up having ctrl as a body element.

so perhaps put this after ur while loop

if(ctrl.tagName=='BODY'){alert('loop reached body rag');return;}

Comment

Working...
                  X