Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter getting value from select/option with MSAccess upon action=? - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting value from select/option with MSAccess upon action=?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting value from select/option with MSAccess upon action=?

I have an .asp page on which there is a form that has a select/option/value/Action element with the initial values of which are set from a Records/fields from a MSAccess Database.The user will peruse the contents of the select box eventually picking out a record at which point the "action" takes over and calls a function residing in that page's header. The problem is that function will be in JavaScript and therefore is not allowing me access to that database – or to any other.

The question is how can I provide the same functionality as the above without ever leaving the ASP code?

Thanks!

Ross

I haven't done any classic asp coding. My experience is with aspx (asp.net). What I normally do is simply use runat="server" so that validations/commit happens at the server side. I understand that classic asp also support runat="server" but I just don't know how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by josephm View Post
      ... What I normally do is simply use runat="server" so that validations/commit happens at the server side. I understand that classic asp also support runat="server" but I just don't know how it works.
      From my understanding, all ASP code runs on the server. My problem is that the select/option/action= (That is running in "ASP space", as is the rest of the page) once invoked immediately runs a function, in the client-side browser Header is in JavaScript,Yet the database and all the understanding of MSAccess, "Lives" on the server. Perhaps if I can simply get the function, in JavaScript, to somehow "switch" to ASP that was solve all of my problems?

Comment

Working...
      X