Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Downloading wmv files using Javascript!! - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downloading wmv files using Javascript!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading wmv files using Javascript!!

One of my friends is working into content management. She is working on a requirement to download wmv files from the website she is managing to the client's machine. This needs to be done through the javascript. Can someone please provide the code for the same. What should be the content type for the wmv files she need to provide??
    Last edited by sid1818; Apr 8, 2009, 01:27 AM.

JavaScript is purely a client-side language, and unless used with an Ajax call has no capability to read from or write to a file (except a cookie), access a database or the client's operating system, or alter the default behaviour of the browser. And for security reasons JavaScript cannot access anything beyond the domain of the current page. This is known as the "same origin policy" and prevents a document or script loaded from one origin from getting or setting properties of a document from a different origin.

"Where quality is the thing sought after, the thing of supreme quality is cheap, whatever the price one has to pay for it." -- William James

All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I truly appreciate what you said. But if possible can you provide me the code for the same?

Comment

Originally posted by sid1818 View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion. I truly appreciate what you said. But if possible can you provide me the code for the same?
        Read the answer above. If not clear, read it again.

Recursion - see recursion.

All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
        Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

Comment

Working...
        X