Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get a WebPage to remember details

Hello geniuses.

I have created a ChatBot in JavaScript which allows people to type text into a text-box, such as "hello" or "what is the time" and the ChatBot responds back with a response on a seperate WebPage such as: "The time should be indicated on your computer" etc.

Is there anyway that I can get the ChatBot to remember specific details about people that they enter into the textbox using JavaScript, such as their name or age, etc?
    So that then on a random WebPage on the same server, I can get it to display that stored name or age that the user stated to it.

If someone has a code that could possibly do this, I'm sure I could find a way to work with it.

And also, something else which I would also love as an alternative otherwise;
    How do I get JavaScript to display the current Microsoft Windows user account name.

I would appreciate any help that people have to offer, and respect anyone who gives it and have concluded this to be the best site to get help on so far. Lol.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far.
    James W S Parker
    James William Steven Parker | Director of Phone Book Direct, Game-Cheats.co.uk, L J Doulton, A-Frame Leisure, Green Bolt Hosting, Civil Advice, and Parker's Dictionary.

As was indicated in another thread, Javascript is not at all suited to this application.

JavaScript is purely a client-side language, and unless used with an Ajax call has no capability to read from or write to a file (except a cookie), access a database or the client's operating system, or alter the default behaviour of the browser.

So - Q. How do I get JavaScript to display the current Microsoft Windows user account name. Answer - that is not possible.

All the code given in this post has been tested and is intended to address the question asked.
    Unless stated otherwise it is not just a demonstration.

Comment

Is there anyway that I can get the ChatBot to remember specific details about people that they enter into the textbox using JavaScript, such as their name or age, etc? So that then on a random WebPage on the same server, I can get it to display that stored name or age that the user stated to it.

If someone has a code that could possibly do this, I'm sure I could find a way to work with it.
      Look into php and SQL. SQL is used for databasing. Very widely used on internet.

Comment

Okay.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to look into those languages.
        James William Steven Parker | Director of Phone Book Direct, Game-Cheats.co.uk, L J Doulton, A-Frame Leisure, Green Bolt Hosting, Civil Advice, and Parker's Dictionary.

Comment

Working...
        X