X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending out of iframe and catching in parent

Hi all,

I have a page contained in an iframe.
    The page contained in the iframe shows videos all the time.
    Each video has an id that changes when a new video is played.
    I need to be able to catch this changing id in the page that has the iframe (the parent page) and that is hosted in a different server from the contained page.

The only languages that can be used in the contained page are javascript, ajax and jquery
    In the parent page you can use these languages + php.

I'm not posting the contained page code just because, believe me, it's humongous, full of variables and functions from other files and modules.
    The only thing needed there is a variable, myid, that stores the new id when a new video is played.
    Then I have to post, send, throw ... etc. myid and after that catch it in the parent page, remembering that myid's value changes when a new video is played and that I have to get that new value at all times.
    I have to get the value of the playing video id to do things like changing the background of the page depending on the video played or showing a webpage depending on the video played ... and so on.

Any ideas on how to aproach this?? What languages to use and where would be great.

Many thanks in advance!!

I'm not exactly sure what your issue is without seeing any code, but here's what it sounds like you need to do.
    http://www.codingforum.net/showthread.php?t=162709

Comment

Thanks TinyScript, but I'm not trying to get an Id from an html tag, I'm trying to get the id from the programming of the page inside of the iframe.
      Anyone?
      Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
      X