Reset visited links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset visited links

Is there a way to reset all visited links on a page so that they appear unvisited again, but they still appear as visited once they are clicked again?

I'm not the best at explaining things, so I hope you understand.

Any help would be appreciated?

I think that they are only cleared when the user clears their browser cache, since I have returned to sites I visited previously, and the links are often still 'visited'

Dan
    PHP Tip: If you want to use short tags (<? or <?=$var) then make sure short_open_tag is set to "1". It really helps.

Don't forget to save everyone time and mark your thread as Resolved :)

"Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary."

DON'T USE THE MYSQL_ EXTENSION

Comment

So I could not add a button or something similar to simply reset all links to unvisited?

Comment

You might be able to change their color with dynamically writing some CSS temporarily. You could set a cookie to remember that they clicked the button or just make it so its only for the time they are on your site. The question is though why would you even want to do this? How else is a visited supposed to know they visited a link. If you don't want them to know then why not just style the visited link style to be the same as the normal link style?
        ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Working...
        X