Lists acting strange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lists acting strange.

Okay, so I've been trying to adjust some stuff on my site to make it "valid" and I have most everything ironed out save for one problem with some DIVs that I am styling. Before when I had these 'boxes' set up using tables I had no issues, but now that I have switched it all over to DIVs and CSS, I am getting this weird spacing under some things on my site. It looks fine when viewed in Firefox in OSX, but in Safari there are these spaces in the third column under each of the sections and I can't figureout why. The site is: http://www.crowndozen.com/main/

Can someone please help me get rid of these spaces? Thanks!

No help? No one knows?

Comment

Okay, so I've been trying to adjust some stuff on my site to make it "valid"
      I don't have Safari so can't offer specific help, but your HTML is a ways from valid.

You really can't expect your CSS to behave unless you give it a good HTML document to start with. It may not solve the problem you're having alone, but it's a necessary first step. Post back if you need help with the HTML errors.
      Computer, kill Flanders... Did I hear my name? My ears are burning...
      Good start. Now finish the job.

Comment

What are all the problems with the h1 h2 h3 and h4 tags? Are they not valid?

Comment

You can't put a block level element inside of an inline element in this case your header tags inside of the span tags. Same goes for your paragraphs. If you are going to use & use & instead.
          ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

I know that the whole site isn't valid, I'm just beating back the errors best I can with the time I have. First priority to me right now though, is to just get it looking right, ya know?

So, that right column has a lot of issues... I want the lists centered and the spaces at the bottom of the DIVs gone... I just can't figure it out....

Comment

See thats the thing, its way easier to debug an error free page than it is to debug a page that has a lot of errors. Most of time fixing these errors often solve some problems you are having.
              ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Working...
              X