Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Wrong With This Initial Layout

Hey All,

I've got the following baseline layout. It's working in IE, but not FF.

One other thing is in the CSS, I'm having to put "float: left" in the body for Firefox which just can't be the right way to do things. Here's the link:

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/fast48/index.html

CSS:

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/fast48/styles.css

You can see in FF that the left column doesn't space out properly, compared to how it should be in IE.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Try putting
    Code:
    margin: 0 auto;
    into body.
    My Site

Comment

Bummer .. no luck ..

Comment

What's also interesting is if I turn the border on for the body tag, IE displays the border around the entire page (which should be correct), but only displays a border line at the top of the page for FF.

Not sure why this is happening ..

Comment

Add a container around your left column and main content, make it the width of your layout and use margin:auto; in your CSS for the container. If you were floating any elements you would need to use a clearing div after the float.
          Last edited by _Aerospace_Eng_; Jul 29, 2005, 04:23 PM.
          ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Originally posted by _Aerospace_Eng_
            Add a container around your left column and main content, make it the width of your layout and use margin:auto; in your CSS for the container. If you were floating any elements you would need to use a clearing div after the float.
            I was able to get what I was looking for by absolutely positioning the two main elements. Basically positioning the left column and the main column 150 pixels out (left: 150px) from it.

I'll try your idea as well, since I'm not a big fan of absolute positioning ..

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
            X