Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for help regarding my newbie webpage

Hey!

I have a simple question regarding solving the last part of my homepage, which is a uni assignment. My task is to design a very simple homepage using only HTML and CSS and I am completely new to coding. For some reason, might be due to a sloppy box model, some things just won't work regarding layout. In the center of the page I want a picture of a dog to float to the left, have the name of the dog under the picture, then have random text float to the right of the picture. Under that, repeat. Under that, centered, a table.

I have almost everything figured out, it's just when I try to float the damn pictures (as well as the text) it just starts being weird. Pictures and text fly all over the place. I suspect it has to do something with how the page is being stretched. Something, somewhere is definitely interfering with something else. I just don't now what. Which may sound stupid but I am completely lost. Maybe how the box is constructed. I don't know. If someone could help me with this I would be so, so happy.

Also (if someone has the time) on another page, I have to create a JQuery image gallery. I have tried with quite a few models but I never fully get it to work to 100%. More like 80/90%. Yes, I have of course adapted the galleries to my page.

Ok, I have got a fiddle for you. https://jsfiddle.net/jap11cbj/Lc7mbe...rjs=PpjJ8iIqzf
    The fiddle named "Mina hundar, hela htmlsidan" (Swedish, please don't be alarmed) is the page made for the pictures, text and table I was talking about. The "center" of the page is inside the divs
    Code:
    <div id="content">
    and
    Code:
    <div id="text2">
    . The images are within
    Code:
    <div id="content">
    and the table is within
    Code:
    <div id="text2">
    . There is supposed to be text to the right of the pictures but I can't get it to stick there for whatever reason so right now there is no text. (Also, the names of the dogs, which are to be located under each picture, works fine).

The second fiddle is the one named "JQUERY [insert Swedish jibberish]". This is where I'm supposed to get a JQUERY album to work. The album is also supposed to go within the
    Code:
    <div id="content">
    and
    Code:
    <div id="text2">
    , whereever. That part is empty because I can't get anything to work properly and I don't know why. I won't ask you to create a gallery that works for me but if someone is willing to, I will be extremely grateful.

I really hope someone can help me with this. I have a teacher who refuses to help me and I really need to get this task registered to gain enough credits to continue studying as well as getting my study grant so I can, well, pay rent and eat (wow, sob story alert). Also, nope, not cheating, my teacher is supposed to help me but he simply refuses due to "other modules taking up time". I have really tried my best so far but I am simply stuck. I just learned about this forum so this is a long shot but I hope for the best. Please do ask if I've been unclear, I really need help.

Sincerly,
    MrBlubbintosh

Noone? I'm in serious trouble. Please tell me if I can do anything to explain myself any better.

Comment

I can help you with this, I just do not see a problem within the fiddle, it could be because the images are not loading.

If you could, send me an email ( [email protected] ) or DM with a picture of the website how you see it. Draw on it where you want everything to be going. And we can work on it together.
      Riley
      Riley-Shannon.com - My Portfolio
      FraktalServices.com - My Company

Comment

Check your codes. Review any missing opening and closing html tags like <div></div>/ Use 'Inspect Element' in your browser to know the part that is not working so you can know which part to edit.
        3wCorner | Software Solution Provider | Programming Experts

Comment

Working...
        X