Chrome displays content incorrectly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome displays content incorrectly

I am creating an HTML page which will have a list on the left of the screen. Clicking on any item in the list will open an associated pdf in an iframe on the right of the screen. The coding I'm using is as follows:

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

</head>

<body>

<div id="menu">

<ul>
                    <li><a href="number1.pdf" target="content"> Link 1 </a></li>
                    <li><a href="number2.pdf" target="content"> Link 2 </a></li>
                    <li><a href="number3.pdf" target="content"> Link 3 </a></li>
                    <li><a href="number4.pdf" target="content"> Link 4 </a></li>

</ul>
        </div>

<div id="content2" style="position:fixed; width:600px; height:600px; z-index:1; left: 622px; top: 25px;">
    	<iframe name="content" src="Untitled-1.html" width="600" height="600"></iframe>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    This works perfectly in Firefox and in Internet Explorer. In Chrome however, when you first open the page, the column list (i.e Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4) also appears as a list inside the Iframe. Once you click on a link on the left column then all works well.

How can I stop this list appearing on opening the page in the Iframe in Chrome? It must be something in the code that FF & IE recognize but Chrome doesn't.
    Any advice wouldbe much appreciated.
    Last edited by vinyl-junkie; Oct 4, 2016, 09:56 AM. Reason: added code tags

FF and chrome display the same to me.
    Evolution - The non-random survival of random variants.
    Physics is actually atoms trying to understand themselves.

Comment

Working...
    X