Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter is it possible to lock a div ? - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to lock a div ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is it possible to lock a div ?

    It happens that i got a div, its height is set to 800px . but, I also have a form that submit the content as a " ul" . then the content is submited on the div.

    Whats happening is that, as more as you post, then as more as the content being posted expands, and then the div is only 800 pxs so, all the extra content that cant fit, is just showing up where is shoulnt.

    I guess i could easly just remove the wide of 800px or change it so it would fit, but, im wondering, if theres any way of locking that div, i mean, of makign it not show anything outside it.

    Or.... does anyone knows how to go about trying to have multiple pages on that div ?

  • #2
    Would setting a fixed height on the div and then set overflow: auto for a style on the div solve your problem? This would set vertical scroll bars when the content needed more than the fixed height of the div

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by webdev1958 View Post
      Would setting a fixed height on the div and then set overflow: auto for a style on the div solve your problem? This would set vertical scroll bars when the content needed more than the fixed height of the div
      Thanks !!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nightcrawler89 View Post
        Thanks !!!!!!!
        oh, is it possible to make it scrool only up and down, and not to the sides? ...

        because, say for example that on the input i get a " NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" million characters, in this case it would scrolll to the sides instead of continuating on a new line .

        Or in that case then, would i have to add styles to the unsorted list so it never scrolls?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nightcrawler89 View Post
          oh, is it possible to make it scrool only up and down, and not to the sides? ...

          because, say for example that on the input i get a " NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" million characters, in this case it would scrolll to the sides instead of continuating on a new line .

          Or in that case then, would i have to add styles to the unsorted list so it never scrolls?
          it throws a warning (and maybe an error) but this would work
          Code:
          overflow-x:hidden;
          overflow-y:scroll;

          I code C hash-tag .Net
          Reference: W3C W3CWiki .Net Lib
          Validate: html CSS
          Debug: Chrome FireFox IE

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by alykins View Post
            it throws a warning (and maybe an error) but this would work
            Code:
            overflow-x:hidden;
            overflow-y:scroll;
            It works, it blocks the scrollin to the sides, and only leave the up n down scrolling.


            Thanks !!


            now ill figure out how to break that NNN million characters into multiple lines.

            Comment


            • #7
              if u still need it :
              /*css code*/
              word-wrap:break-word;

              Comment

              Working...
              X