float help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved float help

I have two sections one is fixed on the page and the other is float: right; But when my fixed section gets to big (fills up the first line) the right float gets pushed down and around is there away to fix it to the right so that it lines up with the other section?

Thanks
    Last edited by Apostropartheid; Aug 20, 2011, 09:52 AM. Reason: Problem solved thanks to: vikram1vicky
    .pLeAd InSaNiTy.

Link??
    Teed

Comment

Here is the page http://syco-designz.webs.com/index.html
      not sure where the problem may be.

Thanks
      .pLeAd InSaNiTy.

Comment

If width of parent container of both elements (floated right element and left fixed) is fixed, then you have to defined width for both elements (floated and fixed).

Float right will be inline only until there is space for it according to it's width. If space is lesser than it's width, then it will be pushed down and mess up your complete layout.

Comment

yeah, but i do have them all defined the parent and the two sides. is there something i am missing?

Thanks for you help.
          .pLeAd InSaNiTy.

Comment

You have put DIV with id="right" inside DIV with id="content" and content DIV is taking almost full width. Get right div outside of content div and reduce with of content div and float it to left.

Comment

Thank you this works perfectly.
              .pLeAd InSaNiTy.

Comment

Working...
              X