Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter هنِ letters only on some pages.. - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

هنِ letters only on some pages..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • هنِ letters only on some pages..

    Hello! I have tried to do some changes to our site. But it ends up wrong. Some pages work correctly showing هنِ (i am from sweden) but others fail. But they are pretty much the same? What i am doing wrong.

    i think i have charset="utf-8" on all the pages.

    page in question www.oppnahander.se/manos/index.html

  • #2
    did you use the html codes for them?

    ه is å or å
    ن is ä or ä
    ِ is ö or ö

    source

    I code C hash-tag .Net
    Reference: W3C W3CWiki .Net Lib
    Validate: html CSS
    Debug: Chrome FireFox IE

    Comment


    • #3
      no.. only on some pages to try it out. It will be to much to do it all over the page..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by manosabiertas View Post
        no.. only on some pages to try it out. It will be to much to do it all over the page..
        why would it be too much? at some point you have/had to enter the content text... and if it's added from an outside source change it upon fill... or possibly write a script that will parse through all the text and replace those char's with the code

        I code C hash-tag .Net
        Reference: W3C W3CWiki .Net Lib
        Validate: html CSS
        Debug: Chrome FireFox IE

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by alykins View Post
          why would it be too much? at some point you have/had to enter the content text... and if it's added from an outside source change it upon fill... or possibly write a script that will parse through all the text and replace those char's with the code
          but with a meta tag correctly i dont have to do anything.. just write like normal in swedish....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by manosabiertas View Post
            but with a meta tag correctly i dont have to do anything.. just write like normal in swedish....
            good point... I guess the question is what is the correct char set?
            Note: Not trying to be coy... I really don't know. Good luck friend

            I code C hash-tag .Net
            Reference: W3C W3CWiki .Net Lib
            Validate: html CSS
            Debug: Chrome FireFox IE

            Comment


            • #7
              I found my problem and thought i might share it.

              Some pages were saved as "ansi" and they didnt work properly.
              The ones working are saved as "utf-8"
              so it was just to saved them again and now click on utf-8.. easy =)

              thanks for your sugestions though

              Comment

              Working...
              X