Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• css background image as link

Hey guys,

I have a background image formatted with my .css file, but I need to have it act as a link, so when you click on it it directs you to another site. Couldn't find really anything, any ideas?

thanks

Do you really think this is smart? Make your entire site into one big hyperlink? Anyways, check out z-indexes. Use them instead of bg images
    Always Use a DOCTYPE!
    Always Use * {margin: 0; border: none; padding: 0;} in the top of your CSS stylesheet.
    Always Use only CSS for layout; never (X)HTML.
    Always Have fun while coding!

Comment

no no, my whole site wouldnt be a big hyperlink, the small picture (actually an icon), is just the background for a block.

check out

http://baysidesuperior.org/Bayside/media.html

the little green "play" buttons are the buttons i want people to click when they want to download it. Instead of putting a picture in every time I just set the background for the block as that picture and positioned it.

Comment

Well you're using your background image for the whole <p>, so there's not really a simple solution without linking the whole <p>. If you want to link just the icon, it's probably best to make it a real DOM element and add it programatically to the <p>s inside #mcontent.
        .My new Javascript tutorial site: http://reallifejs.com/
        .Latest article: Calculators — Tiny jQuery calculator, Full-fledged OOP calculator, Big number calculator
        .Latest quick-bit: Including jQuery — Environment-aware minification and CDNs with local fallback

Comment

Hi there,
          Can't you just set this background image directly to your anchor, after giving a display:block; style?

Code:
          #mylink{
          display:block;
          width:100px;
          height:100px;
          line-height:100px;
          background:url(myimage.jpg);
          }
          Code:
          <a href="mypage.html" id="mylink">View my page</a>
          Digitalocean Cloud Hosting (Referral link - get $10 free credit) Fameco

Comment

Working...
          X