No announcement yet.

Styling a submit button with no color.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styling a submit button with no color.

I have a png image that i am using instead of a submit button. Well i have a search hub where i have names all "inputs" to be white back grounds. So with this i got a white BG on my button.

So now my png doesnt really work, because there is a cornered white rectangle behind the rounded corner image. I hope this makes sense.

Is there a way to have no color on a button, or maybe a property that would add no color?

If you need more information please let me know.

thanks!
    Generic signature comment!

Hey JC,

I think I know what you're saying but it's still a bit hard to visualize. Do you have a link or a test page up, or even just some source code that we can tinker with?
    matt | design | blog

Comment

Based on your PM:

Maybe you've tried this, or maybe the application you're using won't let you, but why not just move the image from the HTML to a background style in CSS? Have a go with this:

Code:
      <td colspan="3" align="right">
      	<input type="submit" id="submit_button" name="Submit now" value="&nbsp;"/> 
      </td>
      and

Code:
      #submit_button {
      	background:url("/gfx/search_button.png"); 
      	width:99px; 
      	height:28px;
      }
      with the appropriate filepath in the CSS.
      matt | design | blog

Comment

here's an awesome link
        http://hedgerwow.com/360/dhtml/css_f...mage/demo.html

Comment

msuffern:

That didnt seem to work, its seems it stayed the same. I am looking at something currently that may work. So i will update this thread. Also if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

thanks!
          Generic signature comment!

Comment

Working...
          X