Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Page load problems in IE7 ?? How to be sure which part of the code bugging it... - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page load problems in IE7 ?? How to be sure which part of the code bugging it...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Page load problems in IE7 ?? How to be sure which part of the code bugging it...

    Hello,
    it's about this page I created...

    www.topfm.rs/index.html

    If I open it in Firefox, IE6 etc... it works great

    If I open it in IE7 it loads forever and wont load to end at all, it says "1 item remaining" and stays that way...

    The XHTML code is valid as you can check!

    As you can see main flash banner is the one that wont load, but I tried deleting flash and it still wont load to the end, so banner is not the problem!

    So, can someone help me how do I debug this easier? Is there any way that I can see exact which line in my code is causing the preoblem?

  • #2
    I get 1 item remaining in IE6 too.

    Enter your page here: Web Page Analyzer

    You'll see that one of the images is not found (http://www.topfm.rs/images/banners/ISKORISTI)

    Edit: You've named the file with a space in it: ISKORISTI SANSU.jpg
    Remove the space.
    Last edited by Fisher; Apr 13, 2009, 09:23 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Fisher View Post
      I get 1 item remaining in IE6 too.

      Enter your page here: Web Page Analyzer

      You'll see that one of the images is not found (http://www.topfm.rs/images/banners/ISKORISTI)

      Edit: You've named the file with a space in it: ISKORISTI SANSU.jpg
      Remove the space.
      Hi,

      did it but the problem is still there... :/

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe your problem is related to the way you're placing your swfs in your page. Look into SWFObject, as it is a much better method (deconcept). Maybe examing your other 2 scripts for the rotational banners as well.

        Trying to save a copy of your site was a challenge. NEVER use the word banner when naming your swfs or divs. It all gets blocked by adblocking plugins.

        Edit: Okay, so I tried loading up a copy of your page to a testing site and experienced the same problem. My test server just didn't want to load those 2 large swf files. I replaced them with a copy of the meni.swf and it works almost instantly. Check out:my test site to see how to incorporate swfobject. I'll pull the copy down in a day or so.
        Last edited by Fisher; Apr 13, 2009, 11:06 PM.

        Comment

        Working...
        X