Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter I need a line....margin top or margin bottom? - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a line....margin top or margin bottom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a line....margin top or margin bottom?

Hi all..

Working on this website (my first full CSS layout) and the guy has decided to change the bottom black box to just a black line above the bottom navigation.
    test site
    css
    easy! so I removed the black background from the #footer and added in margin-top: 2px and margin-top-color: #000 and voila! nothing happened. shouldn't that have worked? Or am I missing something obvious?

carrie

What in the world is “margin-top-color”?

I’d suggest border-top: 2px solid black;
    Stop solving problems you don’t yet have!

Comment

Hello intcon,
      You're wanting a border instead of a background color.
      Change #footer to look like this-
      Code:
      #footer {
      border-top: 1px solid #000;
      clear: both;
      }
      VIP is right, there's no such thing as margin-top-color and I think the validator would have shown that to you.
      Validate often DURING development - Use it like a splelchecker | Debug during Development |Write it for FireFox, ignore IE
      Use a DocType | Validate your markup | Validate your CSS | Why validating is good | Why tables are bad

Comment

lol..sorry, that's what dreamweaver suggested i use to make the top border black..
        bless you again excavator! that's the right answer...thanks so much!

carrie

Comment

Gotta wonder about DW sometimes...

VIP had it right too, and before me.
          Validate often DURING development - Use it like a splelchecker | Debug during Development |Write it for FireFox, ignore IE
          Use a DocType | Validate your markup | Validate your CSS | Why validating is good | Why tables are bad

Comment

Working...
          X