Browser Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Changes

i have a web site and the css i have written doesnt load the background main body information the way i want in browsers i have noticed such as safari and fire fox...if anyone could help me out with this problem i would greatly apriecate it

here is what it loads like in fire fox and safari:

and what its obviously suppose to look like:

heres your link people:
    http://kingstonkabs.com

Please fix your XHTML errors and remove the <font> elements.

This is a bit old, but much of what it says is relevant -- What's wrong with the FONT element?
    What should you use instead of the FONT element? Beyond the FONT tag: Practical HTML text styling

You need to make the float containers fully contain their floated children.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions
    Java != JavaScript && JScript != JavaScript
    Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Comment

Yeah, some of those XHTML errors could very well be causing more standards compliant browsers like Firefox to not render the page the way you are intending.
      OracleGuy

Comment

like i said this is the first site i made using css...ive always built with old programming as you noticed...

i think its fustrating that you cant use part of a language even though it was made to work a certian way....its like its no good anymore...but as goes along with everything else...thanks for the info ill put it into code later im off to work peace

Comment

so it doesn't render properly in fire fox and such because it doesn't comply with the standards? wow, i didn't know that...that is going to make me redo my entire site

Comment

Originally posted by TreyeMe View Post
            i think its fustrating that you cant use part of a language even though it was made to work a certian way....its like its no good anymore...but as goes along with everything else...
            Are you referring to <table>s? You can use them -- when it's appropriate.

What are tables really for?

Originally posted by <?austin ?> View Post
            so it doesn't render properly in fire fox and such because it doesn't comply with the standards? wow, i didn't know that...that is going to make me redo my entire site
            Just because web browsers (HTML parsers) can guess at what you mean when they encounter an error doesn't mean you should rely on that. What happens when different browsers decide you meant different things?
            Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions
            Java != JavaScript && JScript != JavaScript
            Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by <?austin ?> View Post
              yeah i just got off work...now time for this fun...thanks for making that crystal clear so redo the entire page....alright here it goes atempt 2...

Comment

Working...
              X