iframes help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iframes help

Hi everyone! I'm new here! I just have a few problems with a layout i'm making. I'm trying to make an iframe layout using an image as a background (see http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/emmajh/bg2.png )

Anyway adding 1 iframe in dreamweaver was easy but I when I try to add more they just don't show up. I need a total of 4 iframes for this site. I know there is an easier way of making iframe layouts by slicing up the image in photoshop. I have the image sliced but the tutorial has gone from the site!

I don't know what to do! Eek! E-hugs and e-cuddles to anyone who can help out ... and maybe an e-kiss if you're lucky :P

Hiya I want iframes cos it's just easier for me lol and I need to finish this site by next week or I'm dead I don't know if I'll have the time to learn all of that either. Anyways do you still want an e-kiss?

Comment

Please, no hugs or anything

Here is your layout using Tables. It's not the latest and greatest way but it's going to be easy for you and doesn't use iFrames or framesets. I have no idea why you're needing iframes in that layout. It's a frameset you've drawn.

Tables: (take out table border for use. I just put one on so the cell boundries show up for ya)
      Code:
      <table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="770">
        <tr>
      	<td width="200" valign="top">Left Cell</td>
      	<td width="570" valign="top">
      	<!-- Right Cell -->
      	<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="570">
      	  <tr>
      		<td>Top Right Area</td>
      	  </tr>
      	  <tr>
      		<td>Middle Right Area</td>
      	  </tr>
      	  <tr>
      		<td>Bottom Right Area</td>
      	  </tr>
      	</table>
      	</td>
        </tr>
      </table>

But if you have your heart stuck on using a frameset you better learn how. This will get you started. Of course you'll need to make actual pages for the src="" values in the frames.
      Code:
      <html>
      <head>
      <title>Index Page is Frameset</title>
      </head>

<frameset frameborder="0" framespacing="0" cols="200,*">
        <frame src="leftframe.html" name="left_frame" scrolling="no" scrollbars="false" noresize frameborder="no">
        <frameset frameborder="0" framespacing="0" rows="130,70,*">
      	<frame src="toprightframe.html" name="top_right_frame" scrolling="no" scrollbars="false" noresize frameborder="no">
      	<frame src="middlerightframe.html" name="middle_right_frame" scrolling="no" scrollbars="false" noresize frameborder="no">
      	<frame src="home.html" name="bottom_right_frame" scrolling="yes" scrollbars="true" noresize frameborder="no">
        </frameset>

<noframes>
      	<body>
      	Your Web browser is ancient! Where have you been since 1994? (replace with non sarcastic help text)
      	</body>
        </noframes>
      </frameset>

</html>
      Colin Puttick

Comment

That works, but you could always resort to the basics of iframes as div tags and create multiples in that format. for more info just msg me

Comment

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thanks for your help. I'm still working out what way is best for me. Awwh you guys are so cool even though you're total nerds hehe! This is for you...

Loves ya!

Comment

Working...
          X