Three column CSS layout right sidebar problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three column CSS layout right sidebar problems

Hello, I hope someone can help me before I yank out all of my hair. This has been driving me insane for the last few days.

www.kerflop.com

I created the CSS layout that validated (transitional, I'm relatively new to this) and rendered nicely in most major browsers on PC and Mac - but once it was integrated into Wordpress, I have something odd happening in the right column.

Here is what is happening for me:

PC / Windows XP
    Firefox: looks fine until you click on a link in the left column, then the content in the right column shifts to the left. It rights itself when the click has rendered the new page, so right click on a link in the left column to get the stuff in the right column to stay shifted.

IE6: Shows the right column shifted regardless of clicks in the left column. The main center column is pushed down.

IE7: (I'm not sure if I have the most recent version) - also shows the right column shifted regardless of clicks, and the main center column is pushed down.

Apple Mac
    Firefox: looks fine until you click on a link in the left column, then the content in the right column shifts to the left. It rights itself when the click has rendered the new page, so right click on a link in the left column to get the stuff in the right column to stay shifted.

Safari: everything looks fine

Opera: everything looks fine

IE5: of course is an utter, blown apart, wreck.

If you use the developer toolbar on Firefox to edit the CSS you can see where I've tried my inexperienced hand at creating some IE hacks for the #rightbar, that was before I discovered that clicking caused a problem in Firefox also.

If anyone wouldn't mind taking a look and helping me understand where I've gone wrong here, I'd really appreciate it. I of course tend to think it's all with the leftmenu and rightbar areas but maybe it's the content section in the middle?

Thanks very much in advance.

**Edited to add: I took out my attempts at IE hacks. I made a discovery, when messing with:

#left-menu ul, li {
    padding:0 0 2px 0;
    margin:0px;
    }

for example, adding background: #000; just for kicks, it affects not only the left menu but the rightbar too. So something must be coded wrong somewhere? Don't know if that helps.... thanks!
    Last edited by kerflop; Oct 13, 2006, 02:34 PM. Reason: changes to css & discovery

Of course as soon as I post somewhere, I figure it out. It was the center column width.

Comment

Working...
    X