Bottom Vertical Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Vertical Alignment

I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do in the best way possible...

Screenshot
    The objective is to create a Windows Vista-Resembling login page. They click on Link (Figure 1 in Screenshot) which (with JavaScript) makes the login Form (Figure 2 in Screenshot) appear. I would also like to provide an easy way for users to access areas such as new account registration and forgotten password recovery, which I have done with a Menu (Figure 3 in Screenshot). The problem is that the Menu (Figure 3 in Screenshot) moves vertically when clicking on the Link (Figure 1 in Screenshot). I want to do something that will make the Menu stay at the bottom-right of the page regardless of resolution with a pre-defined padding on both the right and bottom sides.

What I have now...
    HTML:
    Code:
    <table class="menu" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
        <td width="auto">&nbsp;</td>
        <td width="250px">
            [I]{Menu HTML Snipped for Simplicity}[/I]
        </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
    CSS:
    Code:
    .menu{
    padding-left: 250px;
    padding-bottom: 50px;
    bottom: 100%;
    float:right;
    }
    I don't really care whether the Menu is inside a div, table, or whatever, I just need it in the correct area. I've found that attempting to use position: absolute; causes the table to disappear entirely in some circumstances.

Help is greatly appreciated; I can elaborate more if needed.
    Last edited by coolcamo8642; Oct 12, 2006, 06:13 PM. Reason: BBCode Consistency Issue

*Bump*

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Yeah, you really don't need tables for any of that…

In answer to your question, it seems that absolute positioning might be appropriate here. Note that in your code bottom: 100% doesn't do anything because the object is not positioned. Without seeing what the mentioned circumstances are for the table disappearing, I can't really address why absolute positioning hasn't been working for you.

Here's some basic code that should suit the purpose. I can't get more specific without you getting more specific in the code (and images) provided. There should be no need for padding.

Code:
      [font="sans-serif"][b]CSS:[/b][/font]
      #menu {
        position: absolute;
        right: 50px;
        bottom: 50px;
        }
      #menu div {
        float: left;
        }

[font="sans-serif"][b]HTML:[/b][/font]
      <div id="menu">
        <div><!-- left button --></div>
        <div><!-- right button --></div>
      </div>

Comment

Here's a strange suggestion: do the page in Flash.

Other than that use the absolute positioned layers. Then use display:none or visibility:hidden for your login form. Whatever.
        Colin Puttick

Comment

Working...
        X