CSS layout problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS layout problems

I am having some problems with CSS that I can't seem to figure out. I'll list them as two different questions, but they are on the same site (www.globalsistergoods.com).

1. CSS Dropdowns bump page content. I think this is because I'm using the float property to right-align the "nav" tag. The whole page aligns to the center of the browser window, so I don't think I can use absolute positioning here. Is there another way I can position the "nav" so it won't bump my content?

2. On the product page (http://globalsistergoods.com/product...totes/w65.htm), I have a two-column grid. It renders correctly in FF, etc., but IE doesn't recognize the columns. I've tried every "float" & "clear" property I could think of, and nothing seems to work. I know IE can be fussy in fixed-width layout if you don't leave breathing room, but I've tried eliminating margins and decreasing the column widths to no avail. Can someone help me better understand the box model?

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!

Please fix your HTML and CSS errors.

1) You need to absolutely position the sublists. If you give the <li>s of the top-level list position:relative;, the sublists will be positioned based on their parent list item instead of body.

2) http://www.positioniseverything.net/...ed-margin.html
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions
    Java != JavaScript && JScript != JavaScript
    Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Comment

Thank You!

I appreciate your help! Fixed the column issue easily, and with a little trial and error, the nav menu, too.

And thanks for the referral to validate my code. Will do that from now on.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you ...

Comment

You're welcome

I hope you do validate in the future.
        Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions
        Java != JavaScript && JScript != JavaScript
        Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
        X