Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the code i need?, Skip Flash remeber

Hi all,

Can any one tell me what is the code i need to skip flash intro for a certian user.

i.e. i have flash intro on my site and this site have accounts for user. i wanna to let the user to see or skip the flash intro if he wanna to do that and give him the control.

let explain more:

first i'm new user login to the site and i see the Flash and make account in this site.

2nd: when the flash come to its end there is a pop-up window ask the user to skip the flash or not when he login on the site.

3rd: when i come to this site again and i choose to skip intro every time i login it. i go direct to the site

i.e. : -> If he/she press Skip OR wait till the flash come to its end there will be a POP-UP windows ask him if he wanna to skip flash intro every time he/she log in the site or not.

So, what is the code that i need to get this action?

Regrads,

Xtremee

Firstly setting up a login area etc will (most probably) require a database and some server side scripting; you're better off asking in the server side section for help with that.

I'd strongly advise against using a popup. A large majority of people have popup-blockers; people find popups extremely annoying!

You can achieve what you want to do (in regards to the Flash) with cookies though. There's many sites explaining how to use cookies , eg. http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/cookies
    markaylward.co.uk

Comment

1st thanks for ur reply,
      You can achieve what you want to do (in regards to the Flash) with cookies though
      But how i can let the user to choose if he/she wanna to see this flash intro again or not.

Comment

The only reason Flash intros are no longer near the top of the list of major accessibility issues is that almost everyone has come to their senses and stopped using them.

I have my browser set to automatically remove all Flash content from web pages before I see the page so if you don't put something meaningful on the page then I will quickly move on to a different site that does.
        Stephen
        Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
        Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtremee View Post
          1st thanks for ur reply,
          But how i can let the user to choose if he/she wanna to see this flash intro again or not.
          You need to read up on how to set and read cookies.

Basically when the page is opened it needs to check if a cookie is present; if not then it should show the Flash intro and then set a cookie; if there is a cookie then it should not show the intro (you could skip them straight to the main page).
          markaylward.co.uk

Comment

@mark87
            1st thanks for ur reply
            Basically when the page is opened it needs to check if a cookie is present; if not then it should show the Flash intro and then set a cookie; if there is a cookie then it should not show the intro (you could skip them straight to the main page).
            That not what i'm exactly i wanna
            i wanna to let the set option to the user to allow him/her to choose to view Flash intro next time when he/she visit the site or not
            Of course Cookie will be needed and it will be done as u mention before.
            Hope that u can tell me HOW?
            ->btw, is there is any ready-to-use code

Regrads,
            Xtremee

Comment

Working...
            X