Remove border cell columns???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove border cell columns???

Hey all - just wondering does anyone know how to remove and/or change the column colour or borders?
    Basically my sketchy site:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~egoman/mysite2.html

has 1 main table with 3 columns - I want to remove the column borders from the centre cell - any suggestions?

Thanks

Add this to your style sheet:

td { border: none; }

That way you control the table data (cells).

Edit: sorry - I think you want to get rid of the two yellow lines in middle.

You have currently 3 tables going. Within the 3rd table create a new extra table -- then control this new extra inner table separatly and include your 3 colums which you can then make not show the borders with td { border: none; }

You'd then be able to keep the other construction.
    Last edited by mypointofview; Oct 8, 2006, 02:01 AM.

Comment

So place a table underneath the current table? Is that what you mean?

Comment

See here

I've played around a bit and this is what I did:

1. gave UL a value in style. This pushes the dots a bit to the left because by default they always indent.

2. took away the borders by using cellspacing="0" and cellpadding="0"

3. added padding top and padding-left to some cells so that the font gets some padding above, below and left.

I can't remember what else I did - I'm not a professional web developper but I started just like you

I did all by the way in NetscapeComposer.

Good luck!

PS: there are some good programs for finding nice color harmonies. I'm on a Mac and use "ColorSchemerStudio" -- I think it's for Windows also.

Comment

Working...
        X