Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Shop pro 8

What do you think of Paintshop pro 8?
    Last edited by mw2005; Aug 5, 2005, 12:06 PM.
    Get Mozilla Firefox

Photoshop > *
    Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Comment

No paint shop pro
      Get Mozilla Firefox

Comment

Yeah, I'm saying I would pretty much never use PSP at all because Photoshop is over all a much better program.

Comment

Thanks for your comment.
          Get Mozilla Firefox

Comment

But paintshop is a good low end alternative, and much cheaper. I have not used it in years, but there's nothing wrong with using it. In design firms, you will exclusively use photoshop.
            // Art is what you can get away with. <-- Andy Warhol
            ...:.:::: bradyjfrey.com : htmldog : ::::.:...

Comment

I use PSP and I love it.
              It took me a while to get used to it, and I've heard Photoshop is much more complicated, so I don't even want to try
              My Site

Comment

I've used PSP for years. What makes me mad is Jasc changed the workings of version 8 when I was finally getting use to doing things in v7. Now I've had to relearn everything and I still can't do a lot of things because of it.

I'm thinking of trying PS, but as of now have no real need to.
                <div> - putting your mind in a box since 1997

Comment

I started off with Paint Shop Pro 7 as well as getting a copy of Photoshop 7. I found PSP easier to use than PS at the time, because I knew a lot less about it than I do now. I moved up to PSP 8 and PS CS and used Photoshop CS heck of a lot more than I did Paint Shop Pro. Now I use Photoshop CS2 and haven't even installed PSP.
                  It's a good program to use, but I prefer using Photoshop now because I am used to it now and am learning more about it....
                  -Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by bradyj
                    In design firms, you will exclusively use photoshop.
                    Not completely. Corel Draw and Fireworks are used quite a lot for general graphics, and Illustrator/Freehand for artwork and Quark/InDesign for multiple page spreads.

Comment

Originally posted by evo
                      Not completely. Corel Draw and Fireworks are used quite a lot for general graphics, and Illustrator/Freehand for artwork and Quark/InDesign for multiple page spreads.
                      I said Design firms. I'll give you fireworks, I forgot that most exclusive web firms go for it, though I've never used one for print.

Corel Draw for Production shops -- however, I didn't think we were going to get into talking about vector or page layout programs, that's a separate discussion. I would never suggest one sole program for a designer, but for rasterized imaging, Photoshop is still king.
                      // Art is what you can get away with. <-- Andy Warhol
                      ...:.:::: bradyjfrey.com : htmldog : ::::.:...

Comment

Illustrator too But you would never use PSP either way.

Comment

PSP is okay, it does its job but for any decent web graphics, I'd recommend Photoshop and Illustrator - great bits of kit
                          -Jamie

Comment

PSP is okay, it does its job but for any decent web graphics,
                            It does it's job for a good $400-$500 cheaper
                            My Site

Comment

Yeah - it's extremley cheap in comparision to Photoshop and you can create some fairly nice web graphics. However if I couldn't have Photoshop to hand I'd use Fireworks
                              -Jamie

Comment

Working...
                              X