• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • l)iSoRl)eR
    New to the CF scene
    • Feb 2004

adding background music

well i was thinking if there was a way to get a song onto a site and have it play but only play 1 time. it goes and when you click a link it still plays at the same spot you clicked the link. i put a song on my site but it took 3 hours to upload. i put it up and it only make 3 seconds of the song. my site is www.freewebs.com/disorderclubs please help me
  • newmand2
    CodingForum Regular
    • Jan 2004

I hate to be blunt, but if someone wanted to hear music, they'd stick a CD on.

Background music will just use up your bandwidth and displease the visitors who do not want to hear it. People will also leave your site if it takes too long to load. The only thing I'd suggest is to have a play and a stop button. I don't know if you could have a button where on clicking it you can enable the <embed> tag... Anyone else?
    Dave

Comment

• newseson
      CodingForum Newbie
      • Sep 2004

you nees a code

you need a code to add music and also you should have a link to your music unless its useless i will get the code for you ok

Comment

• newseson
        CodingForum Newbie
        • Sep 2004

ohoh the code i have playses everytime you go to another page is that all right?

Comment

• whackaxe
          CodingForum Senior
          • Jun 2002

the only time i would consider music would be using a flash design, otherwise its a bad idea. if you've got any javascript onload events, then you're really stuffed.
          photoshop too expensive? use the GIMP! www.gimp.org

Comment

• Kurashu
            CodingForum Regular
            • Aug 2004

As an end user, I will say this: You can place the music, BUT if you do, have an option to turn it off, AND don't have it start playing when the page load.

Comment

• bradyj
              CodingForum Senior
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by whackaxe
              the only time i would consider music would be using a flash design, otherwise its a bad idea. if you've got any javascript onload events, then you're really stuffed.
              Agreed, but even that can get annoying -- especially all the 'whoosh' sounds I get from moving or clicking something -- when I make flash, I've gone soundless for the past two years -- but if you do put in sound, flash is probably a better evil giving them more power to stop and control it -- if you want the sound to keep playing the same all the way through the site, you'd have to make a frameset which I do not recommend AT ALL.

Frames are bad. So I would say if you have to put in sound, put it on the page(s) you want as a flash player so it's light and adaptable... but it's best for all your users to just drop it... besides, when I'm playing around at work I don't want sound busting out that gets me in hot water!
              // Art is what you can get away with. <-- Andy Warhol
              ...:.:::: bradyjfrey.com : htmldog : ::::.:...

Comment

• gsnedders
                CodingForum Senior
                • Jan 2004

I have to say this absolutely true fact... I was just starting the Monty Norman James Bond Theme (the wonders of controlling iTunes from the dock...) and then I went to a website and then... ouch... the Monty Norman James Bond Theme and it's music... well... they didn't mix, at all.
                Geoffrey Sneddon

Comment

• newseson
                  CodingForum Newbie
                  • Sep 2004

Found It

OK HERE I FOUND IT THE CODE THAT ALLOWES YOU TO ADD MUSIC ON YA SITE I USED IT ALSO ON MINE

<center><embed src="LINK TO MUSIC" width=200 height=40>
                  <noembed>
                  <bgsound= src "LINK TO MUSIC" >
                  </noembed></center>

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED

Comment

• newseson
                    CodingForum Newbie
                    • Sep 2004

I Guess

I Guess Its Not Wat You Wanted Sorry I Give Ya The Worng Code

Comment

• whackaxe
                      CodingForum Senior
                      • Jun 2002

not to mention that i would only ever put music on a band site (i seem to have to lots of these ) having a little radio panel with stop play buttons etc is best
                      photoshop too expensive? use the GIMP! www.gimp.org

Comment

Working...
                      X