Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter New website! Need Review and Helpful hints! - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New website! Need Review and Helpful hints!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website! Need Review and Helpful hints!

Sup everyone, I'm new to codingforum.net so I just thought I'd say wassup. But anyways I've finished my new interface/layout for my new graphics site but I got the layout all up and running and than....boom...what am I gona do next! So I need some tips, hints, ideas, on what to do with my navigation bar (it just doesn't fit in I don't think) and some help with PHP navigation and scripts! Well contribute whatever info you can! Thanks for you guy's help!

http://www.forcefx.net

I'm using Apple Safari 1.2 and all I see is boxes which look like there suppost to have something in them.
    Geoffrey Sneddon

Comment

Theres no content in there yet Thats what i'm getting feedback for

Comment

preloader takes far too long, get rid of it or atleast have a link to the main page for ppl that are getting bored watching a boring blue line fill the black line

Are people meant to be able to read the text on your buttons or is it a vision test, like at the optitions?

Lighten your main menu text too, it's too dark against your background

And now the code side...

Add a doctype

Join your css together

Add a chartype

Don't mix upper and lowercase tags together

Use css as much as you can, you can do without the nonsense in your body tag easily

Don't use tables for presentation and layouts

Your php isn't working

PHP Code:
        <?php
        if(isset($default))
        include(
        "$default.html");
        else
        include(
        "default.html");
        ?>
        Guess its not enabled

'

Comment

I agree with Nightfire , if you're going to use graphic text(which is another issue) it should be larger - It's pretty small and I can't resize it to see better.

Moderator: General web building

Get out from under them, resist and multiply.
          Get out from under precipice and see the sky.

Comment

That site layout is *****in'. Anyway, everything is perfect execpt the menu. It's dead, the background of each link needs to light up on mouse over. like on this site:

http://www.amphibiousentertainment.com/

P.S nothing wrong with a tabular layout....css has taken over now and its just tabular layouts are going out of date. Ill still use them , see if i care

HTH,
            ~Designer's Toolz~

Comment

There's loads of things wrong with tabular layout, just because you don't know any different doesn't mean that the wrong way is right

Comment

Ok DsgnrsTLZAdmin, I'll tell you why I think that this is an example of why not to use tabular layout. (No offence DragonTGK, I actually really like the colour scheme of your site ).
                The layout alone, with absolutely no content, and without the images included, is 16Kb. That's a hell of a lot of code just for layout.

"Yeah but your site's got 300+ lines of CSS, there's no difference."

Ah yes, but the same css file is being used each time the page (or any page containing the same layout) displays. Thankyou cache Every page of DragonTGK's site will have to add the 16Kb again on top of any new content that is being loaded. It also means that his host is serving 16Kb more than needed with every refresh, costing you bandwidth. (If your site gets the traffic you hope for).
                I would mention how much a text reader would choke on it, but the tiny "images as text" headers defeat the purpose.

DragonTGK: none of the above was meant as an attack on you or your skills; you merely provided an example.

Andrew

I take no responsibility for the above nonsense.

Left Justified

Comment

ok, im not that good with html and stuff.. so I really don't no an alternative to the tabluar layout.. photoshop put it all together for me but also... what i'm going for is a total different navigation menu, something like with bottons and when you move your mouse over them another menu popups beside it but it doesn't interfere with ur interface, its like on top of it. Anyone no were I could get a script for something like that?

Comment

PS: the little navigational buttons on the top are purely ment for an alternative, you should be able to go everywhere from the side menu.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonTGK
                      what i'm going for is a total different navigation menu, something like with bottons and when you move your mouse over them another menu popups beside it but it doesn't interfere with ur interface, its like on top of it. Anyone no were I could get a script for something like that?
                      Try Brothercake's Ultimate Drop Down Menu . It's the bomb.

I take no responsibility for the above nonsense.

Left Justified

Comment

problem is that doesn't work with tables.. and its to completcated I just need a simple thing

Comment

All show and no substance. You have 8 seconds to capture attention of an average (dial-up) user. The only reflex your "Loading Bar" envokes is reaching for the "Back" button.
                          Learn HTML and CSS.
                          Then create content.
                          Then dress it up.
                          Vladdy | KL
                          "Working web site is not the one that looks the same on common graphical browsers running on desktop computers, but the one that adequately delivers information regardless of device accessing it"

Comment

I agree, whilst the site's graphics look really good, I did have to get my glasses to read everything. Im not sure how you would put your content into that site though unless you had a light grey or grey-green as background with black text. the squares don't do much. but yeah the design is nice. IF you insist on the loading bar, then at least fit it in with your colour scheme.
                            Dave

Comment

I'm gona get to work on that loading bar but I still need to no about the navigation menu.. any tips?

Comment

Working...
                              X