Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do you think of My Web Based Web Development App

I just finished creating it.

Since it is still in early stages of development, this version is targeted at the Myspace crowd. I'm hoping to get some hype so I can have a little support in the future.

Myspace 2.0ize

How is the design?
    Does it take to long to load?
    Does it seem easy to use?
    Any suggestions/ complaints?

Yes I did notice that the ads overlapped content area in 800 by 600, I provided a close button for users using that screen site. Also, I have noticed a few issues in Opera...

as for the navigation overlapping, they can close the edit area, the secondary nav, and the widgets if they need to...

Comment

too crowded - boring color scheme and some text is hidden due to overlapping content - and what he ^ said about the ads...

but a good attempt!
      Everyone hears what you say, friends listen to what you say, best friends listen to what you don't say.
      Radio DJ Panel v3 - It's Here!

Comment

So should I change the standard design. I left it blank and boring so people could turn it into whatever they want, but would it be better to provide them with a less cluttered more interesting standard design?

Comment

Originally posted by Zipp425 View Post
          would it be better to provide them with a less cluttered more interesting standard design?
          Yes.

If you don't give people the interesting design to start with, they won't be interested enough in your site to bother adjusting it.

-'Dee

Comment

Great thanks dee. I wasnt sure what people would want so I was kinda waiting to hear it from someone. Ill put a different standard design together now.

Comment

I have no idea really what it's for... a site similar to MySpace or just a mock-up of it?

My first impressions of it (I'm afraid) are that it's slow and ugly - which are the main reasons why many people actually do not like MySpace and have opted to use something like http://www.friendster.com/ .

I would suggest making the layout as plain as possible, and just start by making it look pretty (you need padding, larger fonts, more colours, in my opinion).

I haven't delved into the source but the inline editing etc all looks neat (I would suggest making the boxes moveable to fixed positions though, something like http://www.google.com/ig ).
              markaylward.co.uk

Comment

What this site is, is a site that allows users to easily design their myspace profile with simple drag and drop and inline editing.

As for it being ugly its because the standard profile is a blank canvas waiting to be changed.... check out some of the templates...

Also, I didnt want specific drop spots like googles personal pages, but something completely flexible so users could layer boxes if they wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                X