X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change color + Transparency

Hi,

I have the following event for a table:

<td width="130" bgcolor="#F4F4FF" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#EEEEFF' onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#F4F4FF'">

How to I add the event below onmouseout:

filter:alpha(opacity=10);

I have tried:

<td width="130" bgcolor="#F4F4FF; filter:alpha(opacity=10);" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#EEEEFF'" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#F4F4FF'">

but it gives me a black background when I display the table.

DHTMLHELP

<td width="130" bgcolor="#F4F4FF" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#EEEEFF' onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#F4F4FF'" style="filter:alpha(opacity=10)">

Comment

Hi Nightfire,

what you suggest will make the whole td opaque. All I want is the background colour (only on mouseout or when dispplayed the first time after loading the page) to be opaque. Any other suggestions?

DHTMLHELP

Comment

Oh ok, sorry.

Try using:

<td width="130" bgcolor="#F4F4FF" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#EEEEFF' onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor='#F4F4FF';this.style.filter:alpha(opacity=10)">

Comment

Hi Nightfire,

I have tried:

this.style.filter='alpha(opacity=10)'

but it gives me opacity of 10 for the whole td rather than only the bgcolor. Also it is activated only when onmouseover the first time.

could there be a solution?

DHTMLHELP

Comment

Looks like we'll have to wait till the pro's come out. No good with this sort of stuff Sorry

Comment

I'm no Pro!

In order to have the background opacity at 10 and everything else at 100, you'll have to seperate it into two DIVs or TABLES.

A rough example:
              http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/cbch21/...e.Opacity.html

2 Tables with exact sizes and placements...

Background with z-index:1
              Text with z-index:2 and background-color:transparent;

I don't think the onMouseOver will work, though... maybe...

<TABLE NAME="bgnd"......
              <TABLE NAME="text"......

(Link on TABLE "text")
              <A HREF="#" onMouseOver="bgnd.style.backgroundColor='#EEEEFF' ">LINK</A>

I'm sure that example won't work, but maybe someone here can fix it.
              Quيet Storm Designs ~ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
              · the Storms· || ·Ultraviolent Winter· || ·Was Einstein Wrong?· || ·It´s About Time!·

Comment

Does anyone know of any other alpha attribute other than opacity. For example style.filter='alpha(transparency=10)'. The attribute transparency hasn't worked, hope someone knows an alternative.

DHTMLHELP

Comment

Oops... almost forgot:

Because of a bug in IE, you'll have to also assign the width attribute in order for it to show up:

<STYLE="width:150px; Filter:alpha(Opacity=50);">

Sorry, forgot to meantion it before.

http://www.w3schools.com/dhtml/tryit...l_filter_image
                  Quيet Storm Designs ~ Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
                  · the Storms· || ·Ultraviolent Winter· || ·Was Einstein Wrong?· || ·It´s About Time!·

Comment

Working...
                  X