Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Need urgent help! Can't update my site without major hastle :( - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need urgent help! Can't update my site without major hastle :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help! Can't update my site without major hastle :(

Sup guys,

I need alittle help. I'm not sure if this is "possible" or "easy" to do hehe. But what I want to do is be able to update my site on my computer and still be able to see everything like the news and stuff, cause its php and It won't navigate and stuff without it being uploaded. And the problem is I don't want to have to upload it everytime I'm trying to fix stuff or something, it really sucks. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!

PS : If there is a program or something, im gona need lots of help setting it up.. im pretty stupid lol

Go to the top of the PHP forum and download the PHPDEV - Download Development Package for PHP, Perl and MySQL

Leonard Whistler
    http://www.stubby.ca
    Leonard Whistler

Comment

phpDev, made by firepages. (CF PHP forum moderator)

Awesome package and really simple to get going. I'm useless at all that backend stuff but with a little help from firpages I got Apache/phpDev co-existing with IIS/ColdFusionMX on the one machine.
      I can't recommend it enough as a quick, easy and complete solution!

I take no responsibility for the above nonsense.

Left Justified

Comment

Originally posted by mindlessLemming
        Awesome package and really simple to get going.
        I actually had a load of problems setting it up, most involving firewalls and me stubbornly installing to C:\program files\pdev instead of C:\phpdev\ as reccommended. Installing an extension was also hell, but it worked eventually.
        David House - Perfect is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. (Antoine de St. Exupery).
        W3Schools | XHTML Validator | CSS Validator | Colours | Typography | HTML&CSS FAQ | Go get Mozilla Now | I blog!

Comment

Working...
        X