X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• layout advice needed

i am unhappy with the way this looks...

link

any advice on how to make this look better?

thanks in advance,
    steve

Maybe try adding the contact info and address to the right of the legros image? Seems to be quite a bit of wasted space there

Comment

not every contractor will have a logo displayed and i want to keep a uniform layout...any other suggestions?

thanks,
      steve

Comment

Hmmm... in 800x600 when the page loads up intially you can't see any content - just the logo, the LeGros logo and then the white space next to it. Maybe make the LeGros logo a tad bit smaller OR you could do something like this...

Put the logo in the first box containing the Addy, Contact, and Description and align it to the left. Then have the various information run down the right. If the contractor does not have a logo then the information just scoots on over to the left like it is now and the white space doesn't exist. Just a thought...
        Reading your posts and not posting often...

Comment

thanks for the advice.

here's what i have so far...

contractor with logo

contractor w/o logo

i am going to work on the ratings display later tonight. let me know what you think.

thanks,
          steve

Comment

ok, i'm happy with it now, but i'd still like input. same links as above.

thanks,
            steve

Comment

Looks better now. The space is gone and I can now see some content without scrolling. Good job! I must say everything has come a good way from the first time you posted your site.
              Reading your posts and not posting often...

Comment

Good job! I must say everything has come a good way from the first time you posted your site.
                thank you, i appreciate that.

i made some more changes that were suggested on another forum. here they are:

link

thanks again,
                steve

Comment

That's looking quite nice
                  Although the data at the bottom looks a little jumbled. Perhaps make the "Rating" headers bold?

I take no responsibility for the above nonsense.

Left Justified

Comment

Working...
                  X