Site Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Ideas

Hi ive been trying to make my site cooler by adding a few things here n there over time but now you cant really tell what ive done if anything because its all fallen apart n what not so now im turning to you guys to kinda give me some tips n suggestions heres my link Here its only for a gaming clan but I still like to take pride in my work for what little ive accomplished lol...

Ive tried many things : adding a color changing script in various languages..none seemd to work, Adding a new forum chat and topsites all also failed due to lack of time and resources.

Now im considering maybe making some graphics for buttons and layout purposes but not sure where to start. Please if you have any suggestions at all pst them here
    When traveling down the road of life, Try not to drag your face in the gravel.

First off I would suggest validating your site.

Comment

lol didnt notice there was that much wrong with the page....ill try n fix that...it seemed to be quite upset about the end tags on alot of things

Comment

Originally posted by Bry Man
        lol didnt notice there was that much wrong with the page....ill try n fix that...it seemed to be quite upset about the end tags on alot of things
        Heheheh, yes, an XHTML Doctype can do that to ya.

I would also recommend losing the tables.

And, you seem to have divitis. All your links don't need to be nested inside a <div>, you can easily use an unordered list for the markup and style it exactly the same way.

Make use of the <hx> tags, too. <div class="header">Inner Site</div> could be swapped out with an <h2> or <h3>.

One more thing, sorry to be picky like this. The banner doesn't go with the site colors. You have mostly blues in there, with some green with the menu, but the banner is like brown, black, and mostly dark colors.

Comment

hmmm lose the <div> tags eh? im open to tryin this out but not exactly how to use the <hx> tags... does the <hx> represent the style or what? A little more info on this may help me out a lil more, as for the banner not going witht he colors, ya lol they dont match in the slightest The blues are most likely only going to be a temporary scheme because ive been trying to revert back to the old colors, Black and green, but not so sure I want such a dark looking site also the links shouldnt be green i forgot to change that part of the style sheet but thanx for pointin that out

Comment

Well the <hx> tags are heading tags, which is what your div is recreating. Why recreate something that already exists

Comment

soz been really busy lately so I havent been able to adjust the site to meet the validation n what not but I am working on a very nice looking color scheme, will prolly have to make a new banner to match it but i think it will be well worth it, Im also trying to find the w3c schools tutorial for an xhtml tut to explain the <hx> tags..also I wanted to look up how to change a cell color or the div or hx er whatever on mouseover, Thanx for your help so far

Comment

Originally posted by Bry Man
                soz been really busy lately so I havent been able to adjust the site to meet the validation n what not but I am working on a very nice looking color scheme, will prolly have to make a new banner to match it but i think it will be well worth it, Im also trying to find the w3c schools tutorial for an xhtml tut to explain the <hx> tags..also I wanted to look up how to change a cell color or the div or hx er whatever on mouseover, Thanx for your help so far
                <hx> itself isn't actually a tag, I was just refering to the heading tags.
                You'll find some info on them at
                this link, and this link.

Comment

Arms, legs, er...

Call me picky, but I always sort of like a html and body element, both with beginning and end tags. And a div inside the head element will never do.
                  Regards,
                  Ronald.
                  ronaldvanderwijden.com

Comment

Working...
                  X