Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Establishing A Online Radio Advice

Hiya Everyone,

I am currently in development of a new help/tutorial/fan based website for an MMORPG I have an interest in and I also aspire to host my own online based radio for this new website.

The radio site currently has a strong design and functionality development with an administration panel developed.

I am told I will need to get a dedicated server and will need to install broadcasting software to this server.

I personally thought I could develop it all and stream without any software. I am only really touching basis apparently and really need some good advice. I have been development my administration panel with all the features which will be needed such as a speak button which would lower the music so the presenter can talk and whatnot I thought when I was up to my experience I could hand over to someone which more experience to get it to actually work and whatnot.

Do I require to purchase a dedicated server rather than my shared unlimited package server so I can install software, or maybe with what I have developed, a bit of playing around on my server, whether it be a dedicated one or not, all the functions can be programmed to work. Looking around at server broadcasting softwares, they seem to offer all these features, many I am implementing myself. I am somewhat lost and confused and would very much love some advice to reflect upon and hopefully reply with a couple of questions.

Best Regards,
    Tim

Why would you stream something like this when you could record an mp3 podcast or host it on Youtube?

If you need to install software, a first stop would be a VPS, a much lower-cost option than a dedicated server.

Comment

Working...
    X