Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Need Help! - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Help!

    hi! i'm newbie to coding..someone tell me which one is the best/easiest to start for me? i cant find a suitable subforum for this so i made this thread on the first one. it can be 'Client side development', 'Server side development' or 'Computing & Sciences'. as long as it's the easiest and fastest. and if age matters, i'm 13 y/o

  • #2
    Originally posted by infrasonic View Post
    hi! i'm newbie to coding..someone tell me which one is the best/easiest to start for me? i cant find a suitable subforum for this so i made this thread on the first one. it can be 'Client side development', 'Server side development' or 'Computing & Sciences'. as long as it's the easiest and fastest. and if age matters, i'm 13 y/o
    Do you know html and css? Thats the first thing you should learn, then you can move into some server side languages like coldfusion, php, asp.Net, or which ever one you prefer.
    Teed

    Comment


    • #3
      Join a club at school, or take a programming class.
      Use Google for free tutorials for any of those things you mentioned.

      Basically, your question will be answered differently by every one of us.


      .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by teedoff View Post
        Do you know html and css? Thats the first thing you should learn, then you can move into some server side languages like coldfusion, php, asp.Net, or which ever one you prefer.
        thanks! then i'll go for html first..

        Originally posted by mlseim View Post
        Join a club at school, or take a programming class.
        Use Google for free tutorials for any of those things you mentioned.

        Basically, your question will be answered differently by every one of us.
        there's a computer club in my school but it's an inactive club..

        Comment


        • #5
          Make the club active.
          Rebuild the club as a "web development" club.
          Focus on server-side (PHP/MySQL), client-side (javascripting), HTML, CSS.

          The best way to draw interest is in demonstrating the use of mobile online apps.
          Creating websites specifically for mobile devices (iphone, ipod, ipad, android, etc).

          Play around with the great API's that are offered for free, from Google, and many
          other servers around the world. Here's some fun I've had with Google Map API Version 3:
          http://www.catpin.com/gps

          Do stuff like that, and since most kids already have smart phones, make that the focus.

          You'll discover students that already have some skills in different areas.
          That will allow the club members to "feed" off of each other.

          Print out some flyers, schedule a time during or after school, and go for it!


          .
          Last edited by mlseim; Aug 28, 2011, 12:53 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Seriously html and css are extremely easy to learn, I don't think you need to take classes for it. Just run your own website play with it a bit and you'll learn it in no time.
            My Gather

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DanielD View Post
              Seriously html and css are extremely easy to learn, I don't think you need to take classes for it. Just run your own website play with it a bit and you'll learn it in no time.
              I think thats the best way to learn, that way if you have a problem you see it in action and what makes it tick

              Comment


              • #8
                Everything i learned was from watching tutorials. I dont know about you, but i can sit down and learn from A-Z.

                What i did (and still do) is construct a site to suit me! That way, rather than learning the more formal way, everything i do, i have personal interest in.

                For example, i want an image to change when i roll my mouse over it, thats the next thing i learn, and who knows what i learn trying to make that happen!.

                Another thing i do, which some may not agree with here, but i find a website i like, and then take it apart, so i understand how it works, what bit goes where etc. I dont re-use it, but its great for training purposes.

                If there is ever something you want to do but dont know how, i guarantee someone has asked the question before you, and you will more than likely find a tutorial on youtube. One guy i used to follow there was tutvid.


                Just practice, you will find your feet. And even the master coders ask questions!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Both of those are true, there is an awful lot of material free on the internet that will help you learn. Go through youtube to see what's there. Exhaust all free avenues and you'll find you have learned much of what you have to pay for in a class.
                  accountant boca raton

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X